Monday, July 6, 2009

He Will Be Missed

Another life was taken away too early this weekend when just retired NFL superstar Steve McNair was murdered in is apartment Saturday morning.

When I heard the news of his death I was shocked. As a kid Steve was one of my favorite players. From the time he joined the NFL his toughness and ability to win games on pure will drew me to respect and admire his game.

I remember being upset when the Titans lost the Super Bowl in 1999 because I wanted McNair, George and Kearse to get a ring. Steve was never able to get a ring, but he is one of those players who changed the game almost by himself.

McNair was just one of those NFL players that was just fun to watch. He will be missed by all who knew him and all those who knew of him. From everyone at Detroit Drive Bye our thoughts and prayers go out to the McNair family. Especially his 4 children and wife he had to leave so early.

I saw this video of McNair's retirement. It honestly gave me the chills listening to him talk about spending time with his family. A nice tribute.

No comments: