Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Millen does it again!!!

Well here we are after another horrible Lions season. The news of the day for the Lions is that the Mike Martz has been fired by the Lions, yeah he was the reason for the pussycats to lie down this season??? It never fails that Matt Millen finds a way to deflect his horrible record as an NFL GM to a coach or a player (Joey Harrington, Rogers, Williams, just to name a few).



Another interesting fact about the Lions coaching staff is the hire of Mr. Marinelli's son-in-law, Joe Berry before the start of the season. Man is this guy a great coach!!! He was able, as D-line coach, to help our defense to the rank as the leagues worst, man what a coaching tradition we have! If your going to can Martz who has accomplished success in the NFL, then why aren't they looking at Mr. Berry? Oh you don't want Christmas dinner to be uncomfortable for the family I guess? The Lions still continue to frusturate every loyal fan they have.



Day in and day out I come across at least a few articles about the lions and always see the shots that many people take at the fanbase we have for supporting our hometown team. What you don't think I know the Lions will and do suck?? I know what they are and I know the record of the great owner William Clay Ford Jr.. What am I supposed to do? Jump to another team and go against what I believe is a fan should be about? I never did that with the Red Wings, Tigers, or Pistons throughout my life! The big difference is that those teams have been setup by great owners - Bill Davidson & Mike Illitch. I know this is all old hat to many Detroit fans and it is pathetic to say the least.



Until either Matt Millen is let go or Mr. Ford has past away (please forgive me), I don't see any bright light at the end of the tunnel for the cats. I feel bad for the older Lions fan who has stuck with the team through so many years and has been ridiculed by many people throughout their life for sticking with their team. Only time will tell whether I become one of those fans. I have seen championships for the three other teams in my lifetime, but I know that if the Lions were ever able to bring a Lombardi trophy to Detroit it would be the greatest one of all.

No comments: