Thursday, April 2, 2009

Go Ahead & Retire

Photobucket

When the Pistons traded for Allen Iverson many people including myself thought that Joe D made another good move. Since the trade we have all been proven wrong. For the Pistons to work as a team the best option is for Iverson to come off the bench. After a few games coming off the bench, this is what Iverson had to say to reporters last night.

“I’m in a position now that I’ve never been in my whole life,” Iverson said. “It’s harder than I thought it would be. With the back injury, I have to sit out at the start, then go in, then sit again. It’s tough to really get going. I take my hat off to the guys who can come off the bench and be effective. It’s tough for me. I’m struggling with it.”
“I’d rather retire before I do this again,” Iverson said. “I can’t be effective playing this way. I’m not used to it. It’s tough for me both mentally and physically. If I’m able to go out there, I should be able to get it done and I can’t right now. It’s my fault. I have to be able to overcome the adversity and do what I have to do. I just have to find a way to get it done. Not being 100 percent makes it harder and you can see that I’m not 100 percent.”

Well the way I see it is. Go ahead and retire then Allen. If your still injured then we don't want you to start. And if the injury is that bad then why did you come back? All I know anymore about Iverson is I don't care. He is a selfish player who only looks out for himself. I really wish things could have worked out for him in Detroit, but he continues to be difficult to deal with wherever he plays. He is not the same 27 year old superstar he used to be. Eventually he needs to understand it takes a team to win.

After these comments hopefully Iverson is done as a Piston. Rumor has it that the Pistons are looking to bring Sheed of the bench too. I hope the Pistons are just tanking the last few games to try and make the draft lottery rather then the playoffs. There is no way the Pistons will win anything this year. They have a better chance of winning the draft lottery then winnings a 1st round playoff series. I know Joe D has big plans for the upcoming summer. With all the cap space the Pistons will have available after this year it shouldn't be long before they return back to a powerhouse in the East again.

Posted by Beautiful Dreamer

1 comment:

K-Philly said...

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Iverson is a shell of himself now and I knew he wouldn't be a fit. Let's just hope the money that comes off the books will be able to lure a big time FA.

I'm also sick of pro players who say that they are a "Warrior","Solider", or "I have so much heart". You get paid millions of dollars to play what most kids and adults dream of. You should never have to tell people this, it should be the norm.

Please don't tell me that crap because when I think of "Warriors" or "Soliders" I think of my friends who are/where in the service fighting for the greatest place to live on earth. I also think of the fire fighters that ran into the towers, or even the great Sully Sullenberger who saved more than a hundred people by landing a frigging plane on water, ON WATER.

That is one of the biggest problems today, we put these atheletes up there on their high horses while they cast a shadow on the real people who are important. At least people who can think will be able to see this.

/falls off soap box and scratches head.